Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Make a Presentation at home!-My BrainShark

For many students, speaking in front of people is a big challenge in their life.
Not alone to ask them to make a presentation!
However, just like the old saying, practice makes perfection!
If students can practice the presentation at home without the pressure of facing people,
they may be able to make a presentation that they'll be surprised at themselves!
My brainshark offer you and your student to make an online presentation without the constraints of time and space!



What Mybrainshark Can Do?

Mybrainshark is a a great web tool for you to make a presentation online and for your students to practice their presentation at home!
To use mybrainshark, you have to create an account first.
After you create an account, you will see "upload content" on the right of homepage.


Click "upload Content", and you will see several options,
but today we want to take a look at "Add Voice to PowePoint"first.


So, before you start to add voice to your PowerPoint, you need to get it ready to upload.
You can add description for your presentation when it processes your file.


And then you will be asked to record your presentation for each slide.


To have a more complete introduction of mybrainshark, please watch the presentation below :)



This is my example! (I know I sound a little nervous...)



Why Mybrainshark Can Help Language Learning?

I believe all language teacher  have a common goal that they want to their students to practice what they learned at home because we all know to master a language, it take a lot of time and great effort.
It is impossible that we expect our learners to be able to speak fluently after only a one-hour class.
However, it's never easy for language teachers to check whether students practice speaking at home.
Speaking English for non-native speakers is hard and can make them extremely nervous.

However, mybrainshark provides students with a motivation.
A motivation that students can prepared well by themselves at home before standing in from of the class.
And this is what we, as an English teacher, are expecting.
I hope our students, after walking out of the classroom, can keep practicing by themselves.
I believe, mybrainshark can help both language teachers and students to achieve their goal.

Mybrainshark Is Good, But...

Mbrainshark relied on the Internet to upload your recording, sometimes you may lose everything you just recorded when the connection is unstable.
Tragic happens. It happened to me once.
So,  maybe wire connection is a wiser option, wifi signals are not very reliable sometimes. :)


2 comments:

  1. I like your presentation about your hometown Hualian. I would definitely go to visit it when I travel to Taiwan.

    Also, I totally agree with you that Mybrainshark would promote students autonomy. Good point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, East! I'm Laila. I'm currently MA ELT (ICT) student at the University of Warwick. Right now I am researching on students’ perceptions and experiences of the use of blogs as an assessment and learning tool (under Tilly supervision). You may recall your blogging experience that you had during your MA ELT course particularly in the ICT in ELT module, in one of the academic years beginning from 2010 to 2017. I need your help to fill in a survey, here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/hiGUXhIKxaTdxSuc2 (you can copy and paste it to your browser!). The survey is very brief and will only take about 5 - 10 minutes to complete. I would be very grateful, since your responses to this survey will help to gain significant result for the topic I am researching on. Thank you.


    Best,
    Laila

    ReplyDelete